Thursday, August 25, 2016

CCEE1634, More Herbs, Less Salt Day!





Joanne's last challenge for this month is all about Herbs!  Herbs and plants add so much to our lives, so in honor of this unusual day, make a card with an herb or plant on it.  I know we have lots of followers who love gardening, so any of these images would work great.  You might even want to add colors that are named after herbs and plants; sage, thyme, lavender, cinnamon, nutmeg, mint, celery, olive or cocoa, as well as all those you can think of!

I chose Candytuft which is a medicinal herb, used for Dyspepsia - chronic digestive distress.

This was a fun challenge as were all of Joanne's challenges this month.  Thanks for some great ideas, Joanne....well done!

8 comments:

StampOwl said...

fab card, love the pink/purple color combo

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

Yup. Good ol' Pepto Bismol is that color pink. When my first granddaughter was born, my DD wanted to paint her room pink.....and it turned out so bright we had to sponge on white to tone it down. Still makes us laugh. Your card reminded me of it!! Love that candytuft, and your colors are wonderful!!

Liz Williams said...

This is such a pretty card, Vicky. I love that die you used for the pretty framing of your herb.

Lois said...

Love the pink and purple. I confess I had never heard of candytuft. Thanks for the info.

Lynn McAuley said...

Beautiful framing of your candytuft! I wonder if it is as tasty as its name! Pretty work, Vicky!

Ironlady said...

Like Lois I have never heard of candytuff, but I bet it looks pretty in the garden.

renee said...

beautiful card..love the information you shared..

Joanne Grzelak said...

wow...bright, bold and beautiful