Thursday, June 30, 2016

CCEE1626, Mixed Medium




My last challenge for June!  I need to practice mixed media so I can join in more challenges.   I   often back off as I think I’m not able to make a good finished product.   Let’s make a mixed  media card.


Quoting Splitcoaststamers: A "medium" can be any of the following:
 
Pencils - Chalk, oil
Markers - watercolor, pigment, water-based acrylic
Pens - ink, glitter
Pigments - Gelatos, watercolor crayons, metallic rub-ons
Paints - watercolor, acrylic, oil, poster, tempera
Inks - dye, chalk, distress, reinkers, pigment, hybrid
Powders - mica, pigment, chalk
Sprays & airbrushing
Dimensionals - embossing paste, gesso, fabric, found items, papers (collage, piecing) &; ephemera, foils
Heated elements - encaustic wax, embossing 

I used a stencil, gesso, Brushos, mesh and liquid pearls.  Show us your Mixed Media work of art.  Please add it to the linky at the bottom of the page and if posting on splitcoaststampers, please add CCEE1626 to the keywords.  Have a fun, creative day!


8 comments:

Liz Williams said...

Vicky, this is beautiful. Love the mesh and seeing the use of Brushos makes me want some of that stuff. One of these days I will hunt that stuff down and buy some to try. I love the look of it on cards. Happy USA Independence Day!!

Lynn McAuley said...

This looks amazing with your mesh and branches with berries, Vicki! I struggle with creating mixed media designs as well! I think you have mastered it here! Your card is wonderful!

Lois said...

No need to back off ever again! This is amazing!

Ironlady said...

Great job, love the added texture of the mesh

StampOwl said...

love the textured look to this card

renee said...

love, love, love this card Vicky..Your mixed media BG is perfection..great colors, great contrast of color and texture...your focal point the twigs with berries...perfect.....lovely card Vicky. thanks for sharing your art.

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

You really ROCKED this challenge. (And I'm so glad it's over!) Your card is gorgeous!

Joanne Grzelak said...

you certainly mixed your media fabulously.....wonderful work