Thursday, April 7, 2016

CCEE1614, Plaid Masculine

Well, here we are at the beginning of April!  Anne takes over as the hostess this month and she's got some pretty good challenges for us.  The first being to make a masculine card using plaid paper or stamps.

I just learned how to make this box card which folds flat for mailing and I thought I'd give it a try for this challenge.  Directions will be posted at the end of this post.

Here's the box standing:

(ETA) this was before I added the balloon....sorry!



 Here's the card front when folded flat for mailing:




Here's the back when folded flat:




and the back when folded:

Now, isn't that a fun fold and it's sooooo easy!


You need a card base measuring 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 inches....score this at 2, 4, 6, and 8 inches.
Apply adhesive to the small 1/2 inch section and form a square/tower which becomes your card base.

Chose your mat and decorator paper.  I cut my mat at 1 3/4" and 5 1/4"; the designer paper was cut at
1 1/2" and 5".  Then, just simply decorate to your hearts desire.  I love it...quick and easy peasy!




Have fun with it!

7 comments:

StampOwl said...

what a fun style of card, fabulous male card.

Lynn McAuley said...

Such a fabulously fun card, Vicky! What a sensational masculine birthday design!! I love this big-headed guy in his sports car! I think most men get the big head when they get behind the wheel!

Lois said...

Fun card, Vicky! I like that it is 3-D yet folds flat.

Joanne (jojot) said...

what a great masc. card with a fabulous plaid.....and.....there you go with those fancy folds again....amazing

renee said...

such a fun card...great job!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

I love it! Great card fold, wonderful plaid and "old guy" image!!

Ironlady said...

Fun card, I love the green plaid.