Thursday, October 15, 2015

CCEE1542, Acetate


Well, this week Maryann challenges us to use acetate.  Something I do not like to use!  Never come up with anything special, ya know?

Well, back in August, our very own Sabrina was the hostess of the TLC challenge on Split Coast Stampers.  I passed on that challenge because of the acetate.  However, when I saw the gallery, I was amazed at the end results.  So, here it is Maryann and Sabrina...my "Mind the Gap", acetate card.  There is actually acetate holding the two "snow" panels on the card.  The "Lovely as a Tree" trees are stamped under the acetate on the front of the card.  I love how this turned out and hope you do too!  Thanks, Ladies!!!

Won't you join us in this acetate challenge?  Please add CCEE1542 to your keywords on splitcoaststampers and link back to the CCEE Blog for us to see.

Have a fun day!

10 comments:

Ironlady said...

A wonderful card Vicky using Acetate in the background.

Liz Williams said...

You aced this, Vicky. Love this pretty design!

Joanne (jojot) said...

well, Vicky....you mastered the use of acetate on this winter wonder

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

This card is wonderful.........I don't wanna hear any more nonsense regarding acetate, because you rocked this challenge!!

Sabrina said...

Hurrah - I'm glad that Maryann's challenge finally got you over the "gap", Vicky. You are producing some wonderful Christmas cards at the moment, I feel as if each one I see is my new favourite! I love the way the leaping deer is across your acetate, I think that's something I'll have to remember and try myself.

Sabrina said...

p.s - at least with this technique, static and acetate aren't an issue. I hate that with shaker cards :-(.

Lynn McAuley said...

I love this marvelous gap design, Vicky! What a gorgeous holiday card! Beautiful work!

Lois said...

I'm so glad you tried that technique, Vicky, because your card is just lovely! I may have to CASE it -- I just received a Tim Holtz deer die that would look perfect! Thanks for the inspiration.

StampOwl said...

Oh I love "gap" cards and this one is no exception :) ... wonderful job, one reason I love challenges it takes us out of our comfort zone at times and we get to try new things

renee said...

well done Vicky..great scene.