Thursday, September 10, 2015

CCEE1537, Swap Ideas Day





Lois continues on as hostess for September.  This week she says it's gonna be Swap Ideas Day!  Make a card using a technique you've learned and want to share.  Either describe the details of the technique, or link to a tutorial on the web. 

I love this idea...thanks, Lois!  I chose a Box Card:



Such an easy card to make and it folds flat to fit an A2 envelope.

Card base..........4 1/4 x 11 inches
(score at 1/2, 2, 4 and 5 1/2 inches)  Fold score lines and use a bone folder to make the folds sharp.)

Front Piece/interative - 3 x 5 1/2 inches (Score at 1/2 and 2 inches- use a bone folder to fold)

Image Panel - 3 1/8 x 2 1/2  --  Mat - 3 1/4 x 2 3/4

Large Background Panel - Main DP 3 3/4 x 5    --  Mat 4 x 5 1/4

Small front (behind image) is 1 x 3 1/2 --  Mat is 4 x 1 1/2

Make your folds and glue it all together and it's ready to go.

Here's a side view:



Give it a try...it's a fun card to make and send!

8 comments:

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

This card tutorial is wonderful, Vicky! Darling card!

StampOwl said...

loving your box card, great tutorial

renee said...

very clever..great card Vicky.

Sabrina said...

That is a really fun fold, Vicky! All these great ideas, I just need more time.I really love your sentiment.

Lois said...

Fun fold card, Vicky! I love 3-D cards that can fold flat for mailing.

Lynn McAuley said...

I have never made a card like this, but certainly want to give it a try! Thanks for the measurements and directions, Vicky! I know some people who will love receiving a card like this!! Your card is beautiful!

I may even have to give it a try for a swap I have coming up next Saturday!

Ironlady said...

Thanks for the step by step tutorial, I have never seen the type of box card before. What a great idea

Joanne (jojot) said...

you are such a fancy fold fan that your choice of technique was not shocking to me.....beautifully done....fabbo