Monday, August 10, 2015

Artist Appreciation Month



As you may already know, August is Artist Appreciation Month.

I would like to take this opportunity to express my gratitude to a couple artists who definitely inspire me.  
  
Back around 1982, I was invited to a Stamping Up party…through that party, I joined a group lead by a demonstrator on card making.  At that time, I met my all-time favorite artist, Renee Logan.  Renee and I eventually became friends and today I call her my “soul sister”…although I moved from Virginia, she and I have maintained a close relationship.  However, I digress.  Renee invited me to her “studio” where I was completely overwhelmed.  She has “everything”!  Renee began teaching me about color, coloring, textures, and techniques and I owe any talent I may have completely to her!  Not only does she stamp, she sews AND, she is an awesome oil and watercolor artist.  Her home has many, many awesome oil paintings framed and displayed.  I am so envious of her talent!!

Here are just two of her awesome paintings:



I have been a member of SCS since March 2005 and have had contact with sooo many wonderful artists, but let me first tell you about Kittie Caracciolo a/k/a Kittie747 on SCS.  Kittie was already a member when I joined and I must say, her cards knocked my socks off!  You can see her gallery here .  Her coloring and use of design are awesome.  Kittie moved on as a designer for Impression Obsessions and began making cards using dies…and wow, can she use dies!  The scenes she creates are awesome…so lifelike.  Yes, definitely, Kittie has been a big influence to me!

I also want to point out an artist, Patience Brewster.  You can find her blog here.   Now, there’s another wonderful artist.  You must check out her Christmas Ornaments!!

To all my artistic friends, Happy Artist Appreciation Day….you all deserve applause.  Thank you for your inspiration!  You bring joy to my life.


2 comments:

Kittie said...

Dear Vicky, I feel so honored that you mentioned me in your post. Thank you so much. It has meant so much to me having you as one of my dear Splitcoaststampers friends for so many years. You are treasured and a pillar in our SCS community. Big hugs! Kittie

renee said...

wow Vicky, such a honor to be on your list with such talented gifted artists.. who have also inspired and taught me .. I hope you know how important your art continued to bless and inspire me.. you continue to post and make card everyday, for years...Just thinking of the joy and love you have shared with your lucky recipients brings smiles ... thank you for continuing to inspire and push me forward...