Thursday, April 23, 2015

CCEE1517, Hug an Aussie



Well, Frances continues on as Hostess.  She says:  "Apparently the 26th of April is HUG AN AUSTRALIAN DAY."   Who knew....and Frances is Australian!!!  As is another of our team mates...Maryann.

Frances says if we don't have any Aussies close by, we can send a virtual hug!  Then, she goes on to say to use a cute critter that  you would think is huggable.  Bonus Points if you use an animal native to Australia.

Well.....I printed out an Australian Frilled Lizard, HooPoe (acually colored these birds!), Alligator, Kangaroo, Platypus, Koala, emu .... several I just didn't want to print out like snakes, spiders, octopus, echudua or sharks!  What to do!!!  Then, I saw this clipart of an Australian Shepherd and I knew I had found an Aussie I could hug...over and over!

Whew....challenge met!  No offense to  you Aussies...but, our rattlesnakes, Black Widow spiders, Coyotes and Wolves are bad enough.

Consider  yourself hugged Frances!  Happy "Hug an Australian Day"!!

7 comments:

StampOwl said...

Ha ha yes this is much more huggable then some of the others you mentioned. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}

Lisa Lara said...

Great card Vicky.

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

I love that dog, and your great coloring!! Well done!

Lynn McAuley said...

Uniquely fabulous, Vicky! I love this gorgeous Australian Shepherd! His is certainly huggable! Great work!

Lois said...

I agree that some of those critters you mentioned would certainly not be huggable. But your Australian Sheepdog definitely is. Glad you found him!

Sabrina said...

You certainly found something eminently huggable at the end of your long and winding trail, Vicky. And I know that dogs are very important for the farmers there! Love your pawprint embossing to go with him.

Joanne (jojot) said...

love how you colored this fabulous Australian Shephard....my Angel is said to be mix of several breeds, including this one.....however she is much smaller in size....