Monday, October 20, 2014

HYCCT1419, HYCCT1420, TLC504


Barbara's challenge is to use an embossing plate and spread it around.

I must admit this is my second time to use embossing paste...just bought it a couple weeks ago to try (thanks for the push, Barbara!). My first attempt is now in the wastepaper basket!

I used a Crafter's Workshop tree stencil. While the paste was still wet, I sprinkled blue glitter all over the card..yep, took awhile to dry! I love the effect of the glitter on the paste..looks like a starry sky!

Then, I cut some Spellbinder snowflakes and embellished them and I was done.

Pretty messy technique, but so worth it!

Julie issues this HYCCT challenge "In the past 15 years, more than 200,000 breast cancer deaths have been averted thanks to that ground-breaking test we know and love -- the mammogram. With this challenge, help spread the word! All you need to do is try one of these fun Splitcoast tutorials (Ink,Spray,Smash or Acrylic Smash), make a card to inspire others and encourage those women you love to "smoosh or smash" and get that annual mammogram!"

The CAS challenge is to use pink and orange. I did the ink smoosh.

 The challenge is to let it hang out....my tassel is hanging out of the circle!

1 comment:

renee said...

love the technique and the results you got with the embossing paste and glitter...fabulous.your a good person Vicky, i know your card inspire so many, i know they do me!!