Thursday, October 30, 2014

CCEE1444, Walk the Beach

Liz and Lynn have issued their final challenge for this month.  They say:  "Make a scene!  It can be a beautiful sunset, skyline,desert or a view from your window that you might enjoy on a daily basis.  Whatever is scenic to you."

Well, I love the ocean.  My very good friends moved to Myrtle Beach 3 years ago and I want to go see their new home sooooo badly. She had sent a photo of this sentiment and I made this for them.  They can frame it and put it in their beach home.  I am soooo jealous.

I water colored the background, added specks from SU's Itty Bitty background stamp and some white acrylic paint to mimic ocean foam.  Then I cut out the shells, crab and sea gulls on my Cricuit and colored those.

This is where I want to go and stay for a couple weeks...hopefully, next year!  Anybody willing to dog sit?

Show us your idea of a beautiful scene...whatever makes your soul happy.  Can't wait to see!  Please add CCEE1444 to keywords on splitcoaststampers and link back to the CCEE Blog.

Let your dreams bring out the creativity in your soul!

8 comments:

Liz Williams said...

Vicky, this is so beautiful and I too look a beach scene. Love this pretty sentiment.

StampOwl said...

Gorgeous card, and ditto on that sentiment

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

What a beautiful scene you have created! That's a place I would love to be. The things in the foreground are fabulous!! Well done!

Lynn McAuley said...

What a stunningly beautiful beach scene you have created for your dear friends. The sandy shore and gorgeous sky are the perfect backdrop for this sensational sentiment, Vicky. I know this will be framed and hung on their beach home wall!!

Lois said...

Lovely beach scene, Vicky! I hope you get to visit your friends in Myrtle Beach! They will love your card.

Sabrina said...

Great sentiment and a beautiful scene to go with it, Vicky. I wish I were there! The crab reminds me of the beaches where I grew up - it was about all I ever managed to catch fishing off the end of the pier there. I hope you get your visit to your friends next year!

renee said...

beautiful Vicky! L &S are going to love this..so excited your going to be able to go and visit them!!! well done !

Joanne (jojot) said...

this card truly speaks to me.....it is a beauty and its theme is my personal favorite....really gorgeous work, Vicky