Thursday, August 21, 2014

CCEE1434, Back to School

Back to school --- Amber's kids start back to school today and she's doing the happy dance.

Amber wants us to make a card or item that can be given to the teacher at open house or the first day of school.  Laynee started second grade yesterday and I made this card for her to give her new teacher.  I used two Sassy Cheryl digitals ... first, I sized the books like a big stack and then the little gal smaller to fit on top of the books showing she's "on top of things".  Used the computer to write "2nd Grade....Ready to Learn1" and had wrote the math problems.  Paper piercing finished the card.

Hope you like it and hope you will join in with the CCEE team.  Link back to the CCEE Blog and add CCEE1434 to keywords on SCS.

Hey, I bet a lot of you are doing the happy dance!

8 comments:

Sabrina said...

Well, weren't you the lucky one being able to put your sweet card to use as soon as you'd made it. I bet Laynee was thrilled to have this to bring with her. I love the way you sized the books to be so big in proportion to the little girl.
I feel so sorry for some of the kids I see now carrying heavy bags of books that almost look as big as they are!

StampOwl said...

Super cute card, I am sure Laynee's teacher loved it!

Lynn McAuley said...

I love this cutie standing on her big pile of books!! I know that Laynee loved taking this to her new second grade teacher. The ready to learn sentiment is perfect, too, Vicky! Great card!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

OMG, she can't really be in 2nd grade, can she??????Hugs to Laynee, and to you too for this darling card! Such a cutie pie image!

Joanne (jojot) said...

I just love this card...the image, the sentiment, the personalization, the piercing.....bet she LOVED it

Lois said...

Cute, cute card for Laynee to give to her new teacher.

renee said...

too cute..

Liz Williams said...

What a special card for Laynee to give her teacher!! Hope she has a great year in 2nd grade/!!