Thursday, June 5, 2014

CCEE1423, Green Money

Ann Harmon a/k/a jdmommy is this month's hostess.  Anne starts out the month with a money theme.  The first Monday in June is Bank Holiday in Ireland.  In honor of Sabrina, who is from the Emerald Isle, we are to make a card using cash, coins or green.  Obviously, I chose green.

I did an inlaid die technique taught to me by Nancy a/k/a STIZ2003...well, Nancy actually sent me some samples of her foil technique and a card which she did this technique on.  Cut the die cut on your foil or colored paper...then cut it again on your main panel with a black panel behind.  Cut parts of your die (in this case leaves) and inlay them.  What a pretty effect.

I made my background with a gelli pad, added some rhinestones and sequins and a sentiment and I was done.

Money, money, money, money!  Remember that song?  Sing it as you play along with the CCEE Stampers.  Please link back to the CCEE Blog and put CCEE1423 in the keywords on splitcoaststampers.

Have a fun day!  Thanks for looking and/or commenting.

7 comments:

StampOwl said...

Now you have me dinging that song, LOL! Love the inlay technique you used on this card

Liz Williams said...

You did some fancy, smancy techniques on this, Vicky! Love how it turned out.

Lynn McAuley said...

Awesome work with these gorgeous foil leaves, Vicky! What a beautiful card!

Lois said...

What a lovely technique! Beautiful card, Vicky!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

Yup. I'm singing too. I love how you did that technique..I must try it! What a beautiful card using the die cut! I see you are really having fun with them. Me too. Wonderful green card in honor of Sabrina!

renee said...

love everything about this card vicky..your gelli print bg is lovely..everything about this card is perfect!

Joanne (jojot) said...

that inlay technique rocks...thanks for sharing and giving us a great sample...lovely