Thursday, April 17, 2014

CCEE1416, Favorite Movie or Star

Kathy Bradley continues on with the April challenges.  This week, Kathy says to make a card that reflects your very favorite movie or movie star.  We are to identify the movie or star.  Well, I loved going to the movies when I was a kid and seeing the musical/movies with Gene Kelly, Donald O'Connor, Debbie Reynolds, Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers.  If you were lucky enough to see some of them, you have lived!  It was a world of movie stars and glamor!!!

I found posters on Amazon showing the old time movies I loved and I made a border with some of them.  They're all there and so are the stars I mentioned above.  A favorite...all of them!!!!  Hope Kathy understands!  Not one; but many!

Have a great day....hey, why not start it by joining in with Kathy's challenge?  You can add CCEE1316 to your keywords on splitcoaststampers  Please link back to the CCEE Blog.

6 comments:

StampOwl said...

They were all great actors and movies. Your card is a great tribute to them all.

Lois said...

Love your movie frame!!! Very creative card, Vicky!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

Weren't the the height of glamor!! I loved "Top Hat" and seeing Fred and Ginger dance to "Dancing in the Dark". So elegant...and the music you could actually sing to!!! Lovely card depicting these fab movies. The pictures around the edge bring back so many fond memories for me!!!

renee said...

some of my favorite movie memories also..you honored them in such a great way..

Joanne (jojot) said...

It would be pretty hard to pick one favorite from the ones you named.....I too love all those old musicals.....the acting was a bit stiff, but what glamour there was......fabulous challenge card, Vicky

Sabrina said...

Oh indeed, I love those films! We didn't get TV till I was about 13 or 14, but I seem to have managed to watch an awful lot in the 8 years before I left home!! My mother was a big fan, too. Like Anne, your pictures bring back memories for me; in fact, that's the cover on my Singin' in the Rain DVD. Fabulous focal image, too.