Thursday, January 9, 2014

WT461, Joe's Birthday


Today's ways to use it challenge is to "Let it Snow".

I was hoping to get the birch tree die on Tuesday with this card in mind...however, there was no mail delivery on Tuesday due to the cold weather (-9). I waited on Wednesday and the mailman came, but unusually late. Dang Vortex! I have had this in mind for my son's birthday for a long time and am so excited to get it done in time!

I stamped the background with the doe (MFP) and went from there. Joe lives on top of a small foothill and is surrounded by wildlife, so this is perfect for him....hope he likes it....and you do too!

4 comments:

Sabrina said...

I'll leave a comment here instead of SCS since I've spotted this on my down to your Bordered Sentiment. I really love the way you've combined the diecut trees with the wonderful stamped background - that looks simply super. I already had the birch trees - the deer were part of my Christmas supplement ;-).
I bet your son will love this - I think it's wonderful.

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

This is just the most beautiful Winter birthday card for your son, Vicky! Of course the RED strikes me first, but the die cuts added to the image are wonderful!!

Joanne (jojot) said...

what a gorgeous winter scene....I just love the serenity of the design

renee said...

joe is gonna love your beautiful card...! great job vicky!