Friday, January 3, 2014

F4A202, In Memory of Charlene a/k/a LilLuvsStampin


Sad news received today that a fellow stamper, Charlene Merrick, a/k/a LilLuvsStampin has lost her battle with cancer.

As I think of her, I remember one very sweet lady so when I saw the challenge today, I decided to case one of Charlene's cards in memory of her. BTW, her DH, Terry is in need of a kidney and also needs prayers. I chose this sweet Valentine of Charlene's to case. I have no doubt she is in the arms of the Lord, but we, her cyber friends on SCS and the CCEE DT will miss her very much. She was one talented stamper, a kind and generous lady with her comments and a sweet, sweet woman! Rest in the Lord's arms, dear friend.

 Today's QFTD challenge is to find someone who has the same name as you and case one of their cards. I have often been called "Miss Vicky" (Thanks, Tiny Tim)! Lo and Behold, there is a Miss Vicky who has a gallery. I chose this pretty card to case. Used her sketch, but changed sizes, used dies and made a sympathy card.

This will go to Charlene's family.

2 comments:

renee said...

beautiful card Vicky, and your words were heart felt. i am so sorry..

Miss Vicky said...

Just had to pop over & leave you a comment Vicky. Love your take on the original card.... So sorry to hear the sad news.
"Miss Vicky"