Thursday, January 16, 2014

CCEE1403, Poetry Inspiration





Sabrina has posted the following poem to be used for inspiration:

Ars Poetica by Archibald MacLeish

A poem should be palpable and mute
As a globed fruit,

Dumb
As old medallions to the thumb,

Silent as the sleeve-worn stone
Of casement ledges where the moss has grown--

A poem should be wordless
As the flight of birds.

A poem should be motionless in time
as the moon climbs,

Leaving as the moon releases
Twig by twig the night-entangled trees.

Leaving, as the moon behind the winter leaves,
Memory by memory the mind --

A poem should be motionless in time
As the moon climbs.

A poem shuld be equal to:
Not true.

For all the history of grief
An empty doorway and a maple leaf.

For love
The leaning grasses and two lights above the sea--

A poem should not mean
Be be.

Be inspired by any of the imagery in this-the moon, leaves, birds, lights abut the sea, open doorway, etc.

I chose the flight of birds, the sea, the moon, the tree and I tried to put some moss on my stones, but it's not showing up that well.

Anyway, it really was a challenge to myself to see how much I could incorporate into my card....hope you like it.

Please join us.  Add CCEE1403 to  your splitcoaststampers keywords and link back here

Have a good one!

5 comments:

StampOwl said...

Loving the scene you created

Lois said...

Nice beach scene, Vicky!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

WOW! I think you just about covered it, Vicky! Wonderful scene, and I love your new die cut of the tree.

Joanne (jojot) said...

I had to sit and gaze for a bit to capture all the detail work on this masterpiece.....fabulous, Vicky

wannabcre8tive said...

An absolutely gorgeous scene.