Thursday, November 14, 2013

CCEE1346, Stitches

Cindy Haffner is this month's hostess.  For this week's challenge, Cindy says "stitches".  I don't sew, so I had to do faux stitches (police anywhere?)

I made a Thanksgiving card.  My pumpkin is raised on pop ups and is colored with Copics.  I added twine for the vine.

The smaller sentiment is from Mark's Finest Papers; the Happy Thanksgiving has no name on the wood...sorry.

Won't you join us?  Link back to the CCEE Blog and add CCEE1346 to keywords on SCS!  Have fun!



7 comments:

StampOwl said...

Faux is always good for me! fabulous card

Lois said...

Faux stitching is usually the way I go, too! So I'm not sending the challenge police after you. That's a beautiful pumpkin, and I love the center step design.

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

Were we supposed to REALLY sew? I think not, and I went with faux too! I love that you used the twine on the stem.......very cool! Nice job on the center step card. I need to try that. Lovely Thanksgiving card, gf!

Joanne (jojot) said...

Faux is just as good as real....and faux is the way I always go....no police today, my friend....fab Thanksgiving/autumnal card....I am sad to say that I haven't made a one yet......help

Sabrina said...

Oh, I think faux stitching is perfect! Since I'm lucky enough to have a spare sewing machine up in the attic I love being able to real sew, but they give two totally different looks so it's apples and oranges. Speaking of orange - that pumpkin is lovely looking - a great centre step card too, with the mosaic paper.

Kathy Bradley said...

Vicky,
Very pretty card and the colors are lovely! I vote for faux too.

wannabcre8tive said...

Your card is gorgeous and I love the coloring of the pumpkin. I like faux because it almost never fails that something messes up with my bobbin when I use the machine.