Saturday, June 8, 2013

Catching Up

 In honor of Sabrina's anniversary (and a musical husband), she asks us to do a card with musical instruments.

I found this clipart on the net. It is colored with Prisma Pencils and a couple Copics. The quote by Sidney Lanier also comes from the internet. I used the Cuttlebug music embossing folder and sponged it with Colorbox Creamy Brown to add depth.

 Today's Free For All is to make a card with at least four flowers.....check! The QFTD is Phyllis, a/k/a Tater.

I chose this card to case.

I took about 12 photos and cannot get a good one due to the glossy paper...sorry! I changed colors, used flowers instead of leaves and added a sentiment.

 
When posting my CCEE card, I found this beautiful card by nwilliams6 and fell in love with her metal buckle.

So, I chose this western card by Tater and went with the western theme in both cards!!!

So, I copied the metal "buckle" from nwilliams6 and went with Tater's western theme...of which she has many, many cards in her awesome gallery. I sponged my stars with gold ink and outlined my paisley with white gel pen.
Enjoy your reign, Phyllis...neat gallery! Loved your Zindorf cards!
 This is my card for the inspiration challenge.  The inspiration was to come from the Emma Bridgewater site.

My inspiration came from the red hens found on this page.


2 comments:

renee said...

delightful ..thanks for sharing.

nwilliams6 said...

Fun cards Vicky - I realized when I came to visit that I have never become a follower of your blog - bad me! Super well done on these cards - love the musical one the best - lovely coloring! Hugz!