Friday, May 24, 2013

Sharon's birthday and F4A170




My step-daughter, Sharon, is more of a friend than a step-daughter.  She's very special to me.  So, when I saw this Whiff of Joy tutorial, I knew I would make it for her birthday.  She's a stamper/scrapper and will appreciate it.


I had a problem with the CM...even tried a conversion chart, but it just didn't work for me.

Anyway, this is what I came up with:

my base:  10.5" - score at 5 and 10...that left the little 1/2" flap
my little "book" is 4"x4"...score at 4" and 8"
The little tag holder is 3" x 9"...score at 3" and 6" and cut diagonals on the two end pieces
Then, of course, make the background papers about 1/4" smaller for everything.

It was labor intense and took me four days, but I love how it turned out and she will too.

I had an old dictionary that I tore pages from for my newsprint background. 

The Free 4 All today was to repeat something....I chose ants stealing strawberries from a basket.  The sentiment says "Behind You All the Way"....I can use this for an encouragement card.  The middle ant was stamped twice and put on with dimensionals. 

Today's QFTD is Emily, a/k/a Stamp Muse.

Emily a/k/a Stamp Muse is today's Queen for the Day. What a great gallery!

I chose this pretty card to case.

Enjoy your reign as Queen, Emily! Thanks for the inspiration!

3 comments:

kren said...

Hi, Vicky. What a wonderful card! I went to Whiff of Joy but don't know my cm to inches. Do you happen to recall any of your measurements for this card? I would like to try one before I forget the wonderful idea. TFS!


kren.kurts@gmail.com
http://afourthlife.blogspot




renee said...

wowzer, sharon is gonna love this..your attention to detail is wonderful...all are great cards vicky.

Janine said...

Great eye candy!