Thursday, May 2, 2013

CCEE1318, Make it shimmer

Shirley is this month's hostess.  For her first challenge she wants cards that shimmer.

I saw a tutorial on Beccy's Place for a teardrop double gate card and wanted to give it a try.  I guess my tear drop isn't showing up very well, but it's really a cool card technique.  I broke my Cuttlebug last night and feel lost without it, so I used my Cricuit Creative Cards cartridge to make my flowers which are sprinkle with pink glitter.  Then, I used my new Martha Stewart butterfly punch and added rhinestones....that's my glitter!  Fun little house is from the dollar bin at Michaels.

Won't you join the CCEE Stampers in this challenge and link back to the blog.  Posting on SCS, you'll want to add CCEE1318.  Have a more-than-fun day!


8 comments:

Sabrina said...

Your Cuttlebug - oh no!! I'd be lost too, I hope a replacement is on the way.
I can see your teardrop shape well (though being me I homed in on the sweet little birdhouse first!). It sounds like a fun technique, I hope I can remember to check it out when I have more time.

wannabcre8tive said...

A very beautiful card. I like the glittery flowers and the added gems to add to the shimmer. Sorry about your cuttlebug. I hope you can find a new one soon.

Benzi said...

I had never heard of the teardrop gatefold so I checked it out. Thanks for linking. It's a cool technique Your card is so adorable. Of course, I like that birdhouse and the bling on the b'fly.

I broke my first Cuttebug...my fault for trying to run too tight a sandwich through. I had a Grand Calibur I could use but was so glad to get my CB replaced.

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

I don't think I could LIVE without my cb......I have no Cricut as a back-up! I saw that tutorial, and now will have to try it. Love all those flowers, the glitter and rhinestones!!

Lois said...

What a pretty spring-like card, Vicky. I CAN see your teardrop -- nice technique!

Kathy Bradley said...

Vicky,
May your Cuttlebug rest in peace! Your card is so very, very pretty and the little image is adorable! The flowers are so lovely!!

renee said...

such a happy card! how are you doing with our big shot? change takes time..:0

Joanne (jojot) said...

OMG, Vicky....I would be soooo lost if my CB broke.....I have a Big Shot, but I have never used it as I seem to use what I know....IYKWIM.....better get lessons on using the BS just in case my CB breaks......anyhooooo...you did a fabulous job with your Cricut and those flowers are fabulous