Thursday, March 28, 2013

CCEE1313, Oldies But Goodies

For Charlene's last challenge this month, she says to get out those oldies.  You know, those stamps you just had to have, but haven't used in ages!!!

Well, for awhile there, I was really into the Rubberneck ladies.  This one is "Carol".  She's all decked out for the dance!

Carol is colored with Copics and has Flower Soft added to her white "fur" sleeves for dimension.  The Sweet and Sassy scallop die was a gift from a dear friend.  I cute the image and then took the negative and butted it close, but not together, to the cut.  I like the effect.  Kinda looks like Carol is making a grand entrance beside a curtain!

I punched the flowers with Martha Stewart punches and added a rhinestone for a little glitz.  The paper is from a stack from KandCompany.

Won't you join us and get out one of your oldies?  Be sure to add CCEE1313 to keywords and SCS and link back to the CCEE Blog so we can see  your creation.  You know you loved those oldies when you bought them...have fun!

10 comments:

Benzi said...

Ooh la, la....what a fabulous, elegant lady. You're right, that does look like a curtain...very creative.

StampOwl said...

Fun card Vicky

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

What fab colors....striking for that fab image!! Great job.

Lois said...

What a great idea to use the Flower Soft for her boa! Beautiful shade of blue on her dress.

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Carol is divine, dahling! I love, love, love her boa and the bold blue. beautiful card!

Joanne (jojot) said...

Honestly, when I see one of these RN ladies, I just assume it is one of your creations.....they are stuling as is this card

Kathy Bradley said...

Vicky,
Beautiful image - I am assuming it is Carol Lombard - gorgeous dress. She was one lucky lady married to Clark Gable! What a really pretty and elegant card!

wannabcre8tive said...

Isn't she all fancied up. This is a beautiful image and I love all the details of your card.

Have a Happy Easter.

renee said...

Carol would be proud! i believe you gifted me with a Carol ..
thank you Vicky.

Sabrina said...

The RubberNecker gals are fun - and the scallops are just so perfect with her!
I spotted your QFTD card on the way down to this one. I can't tell you how many times I've tried and failed with the water-stamping!!