Thursday, March 7, 2013

CCEE1310, The Eyes Have It

As we begin the March challenges, Charlene takes over the hostess duties.  For her first March challenge, she asks that we use eyelets on our cards.

I chose this silly bee from Sassy Cheryl and colored it with Copics, adding a little glitter to his wings.  Look at that face!  This was a thank you card for my neighbors who gave me a birthday present.  I have awesome neighbors!!!

I finally found that honeycomb embossing folder at Joanne Fabric and just had to give it a try!  That and the octogon Spellbinder were gifts from my step-daughter/friend.

Won't you join us this week and show us how you use those eyelets??  Please put CCEE1310 in your keywords on SCS and link back to the CCEE blog so everyone can see your creation.  Have fun with the challenge!

10 comments:

StampOwl said...

cute as can bee!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

out of all the choices, we came up with bees. so funny. love your card and eyelets, gf.

Benzi said...

So cute, Vicky. That is a fun bee and the black and gold eyelets look great. Your neighbor is sure to love this 'thank you'.

Sabrina said...

What a fun bee _ I love the expression on his face, and the way you've done the sentiment on the hexagons is so clever. How funny that you and Anne both chose bees. I like the way you used bee colours for yours :D.
And I'm sorry my card never arrived - it's not just that it was a handmade envelope because another one I sent around the same time also in a handmade envelope arrived in a timely fashion.

Lois said...

What a fun card! The former Stampin' B's both chose bees this week. How appropriate!!!

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

This just "bee" too cute, my friend! The honeycomb embossing folder looks so cool, and I love the hexagon sentiment shape to match with the ef. Cute!!

Kathy Bradley said...

Vicky,
What an adorable bee and your card is so, so cute! You're right, the face of that bee is so sweet! Your neighbors will love this adorable card!

Joanne (jojot) said...

this has to 'bee' the sweetest....love the honeycomb ef used in the bkgd.....it surely made me smile....fab use of the eyelets too

renee said...

"to Be or not to Be" You be! darling take on the eyelets.. your dear neighbors will love this card!

wannabcre8tive said...

So cute. I love the bees and the happy colors.