Wednesday, January 16, 2013

MFP No Sour Grapes



   January Blog Hop! 

This month's New Stamp Set Releases are
Fantastic Dogs Featured January 15
No Sour Grapes Featured January 16
In My Den Featured January 17
Love, Love, Love Featured January 18

Please hop along with us! You have a chance 
 to win one of the above stamp sets! Just comment on the following blogs (don't forget this one), each day for more chances to win! (You do NOT have to comment on all the blogs each day! The names are drawn randomly!) All four winners will be announced on January 19, 2013 on the Mark's Finest Papers blog. You can go back and comment if you missed a day. (HINT: The more you comment, the more chances you have to win and comments on the MFP blog count twice!) The deadline for commenting is 11PM EST on Friday January 18,2013.


Happy New Year!!! Welcome to the first blog hop of 2013! We are so excited to share the great stamp sets we are releasing this month and the months to come. 



 The special stamp set we have for you this month is:
" OH Baby"
 

The mini stamp set we have for you this month is

"Not So Ugly"
 

Vicky - U R Here
Jane C - Next Stop
Pam 
Toni 
Marks Finest Papers, a Heinrich Co 

Here's a couple CAS cards I made for this set.  My goal in 2013 is to make cards I can mail for one stamp....not easy for me as I love glitz, glimmer and layering!  But, postage is going up AGAIN!!!

This one is a really simple card.  Stamp and color and doodle a little.  But, I like it; hope you do too.


This one has one layer and a little piercing.  I cut the glass and little bottle out and placed it in the corner.  

All coloring on both cards is done with Copics.

Hope you're enjoying the blog hop.  Good luck on winning.  Now, on to the other designers who have some mighty pretty samples to show you the versatility of this set!  Have a good one!
 

25 comments:

Janine said...

Vicky - lovely cards - love how you have combined the images from the set.

Melissa Chesser said...

Great cards. I too love layers. But I'm more of a layout girl than card maker.

loulou said...

Wonderful cards. I love the way you have used the copics on the first card especially. The bold strokes and spots of colour, very effective. cheers Linda

Sarah Biswabic said...

Your cards are so cute!
bbiswabic@new.rr.com

Kate said...

Love the use of combined images! Beautiful colors.

Pam said...

This is a fabulous CAS creation!

Pat Garvin said...

I absolutely love that first card.

Angie said...

Very pretty coloring on both cards! Love the different shades on your grapes! Your doodled frame around your first card is fabulous! It's going to be soooo hard to work on making single layer cards but I should work on that a bit myself!

Jane said...

Both are so cute! Love both of them...

Lois said...

Two very nice cards, Vicky. I like the layouts of both of them.

wannabcre8tive said...

I love both your cards, Vicky, they are pretty. I especially like the first one with the doodling because I just like to see people do that on their cards, it gives character.

Bonnie aka raduse said...

Love both of these.

Kathy Bradley said...

Vicky,
So very pretty. Your first card is a lovely CAS and the coloring is awesome. Your second card is really pretty and I like that you added the little bottle in the corner!!

Stampsnob said...

Lovely cards......Lis

mariko said...

I am in total agreement with your goal for 2013. I especially like the coloring on your 2nd card, and the sentiment. I will have to purchase this set!

Ravengirl said...

The coloring is really good. I struggles to color mine! I like you hand doodling too!

Rosy Newlun said...

Very CAS and pretty creations with grapes and wine bottle!!!

Winnie and Patty said...

Vicky--both of these cards are wonderful! I especially like the top one with the doodling! Great cards! TFS

Cathy Clouston said...

Lovely!

renee said...

lovely Vicky...

Evette K. said...

An amazing elegant but simple card and I love it and all these new stamps....wow!!

MariLynn said...

love the highlights in your coloring. I especially love the doodled edge.

Debbie Moran said...

Pretty cards. Love the coloring on both.

marg0006 said...

Great job with the cooring and use o the stamps.

marg0006 at verizon dot net

AJ Scrapbooking & Cards said...

Oh love the coloring on your first card. Cute cards. TFS AJ-