Thursday, November 1, 2012

CCEE1244, Faux Pressed Flowers



Well, it's my honor to be hostess on the CCEE Stampers blog and I get to issue a challenge.  I challenged everyone to make a card using this tutorial on SCS to make a card with faux pressed flowers.

I chose to use a big flower and leaves.  My sentiment is from Our Daily Bread Designs.  I glued the leaves and flower down and then ran it through my Cuttlebug.  Oh, first I added a Martha Stewart border and some designer paper.

I hope you like my card, but mostly, I hope you will join us and make a card.  It's really quite easy.  Don't forget to add CCEE1244 to your keywords on SCS and link back to the CCEE Stampers blog.

Have a fun day!

9 comments:

StampOwl said...

Fun card and challenge!

Benzi said...

Very pretty, Vicky. I really like this technique. I've used it before and when I saw that was your challenge, I was very happy. :-)

Lois said...

Great challenge, Vicky. I think I had only done it once -- when it was the technique challenge on SCS. Pretty card, BTW!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

thanks for a fun challenge today, Vicky! I love the beautiful colors of your card, and the sentiment is so fitting! Lovely job, my friend!

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

I love those big leaves and your beautiful card, Vicky! Thanks for a fun challenge!
(FYI: Your link on the CCEE blog to your blog is not working....not for me, anyway.)

Joanne (jojot) said...

I just love how those leaves are in the 'pressed' layer and the flowers repeat the texture even though they are popped off the base

this really was a fun challenge, Vicky...thanks for the inspiration to try a new technique...Idon't do that much on my own..so thanks for the push

Sabrina said...

That's so beautiful, Vicky. The leaves almost look like silk! And the sentiment reminds me of Linus in a Peanuts cartoon saying it's better to light a candle than curse the darkness.
Thank you for a fun challenge - for some reason I always struggle with getting a result I like with this technique. There's still one failure on my desk, but I enjoyed coming up with something I did like.

renee said...

love the texture Vicky...great job!

Cindy Haffner said...

BEAUTIFUL Vicky!!~