Thursday, September 27, 2012

CCEE1239, Designer paper

Sabrina, our hostess, challenges us to make our own designer paper this week. 

I decided to play with some Pearl Ex....haven't done that in years!  I took white card stock and sprayed it with adhesive.  Then dropped various colors of Pearl Ex on it and smeared it with a tissue.  The results are dictated by the colors used.  My background piece was then stamped with the Irish Blessing script.  The front one was stamped with a Stampin Up stamp.  Die cut my Polly Stamps bird cage on gold paper and I was done.

Won't you show us  your designer papers?  Don't forget to add CCEE1239 in your SCS keywords and link back to the CCEE Stampers Blog

Have a fun day!

8 comments:

StampOwl said...

Love the background you created for this

Sabrina said...

That's so soft and pretty, Vicky. It has a real Asian feel to it, too. I bet that it's even prettier in real life too! I get so frustrated with Perfect Pearls trying to get a good picture, and I'm sure PearlEx is the same. Thank you for teaching me a new technique - that's two I've already learnt this morning.

Lois said...

This is really pretty, Vicky. I haven't used Pearl Ex in like forever! It really made a nice background.

Benzi said...

Beautiful card and what a super technique. I am certainly wanting to try this. It made a wonderful bg.

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

The bg is gorgeous, Vicky!! I love the swirl of color! The panel and flowers are beautiful......this card is so lovely, my friend!

Cindy Haffner said...

BEAUTIFUL Vicky!!~

Kathy Bradley said...

Vicky,
Beautiful and elegant card. THe BG on the back panel and front panel are so very pretty! The image is lovely and the birdcage is awesome!!

wannabcre8tive said...

Great job on the background and I love the gold birdcage. A very pretty card, Vicky.