Wednesday, July 18, 2012

MFP Wild and Free

Welcome to Mark's Finest Papers a Heinrich Company's 
    July Blog Hop! 

This month's New Stamp Set Releases are
Asian Delights Featured July 17
Wild & Free Featured July 18
Garden Art Featured July 19
Hot & Spicy Featured July 20

Please hop along with us! You have a chance to win one of the above stamp sets! Just comment on the following blogs (don't forget this one), each day for more chances to win! (You do NOT have to comment on all the blogs each day! The names are drawn randomly!) All four winners will be announced on July 21, 2012 on the Mark's Finest Papers blog. You can go back and comment if you missed a day. (HINT: The more you comment, the more chances you have to win and comments on the MFP blog count twice!) The deadline for commenting is 11PM EST on Friday July 20, 2012.
Lois
Vicky
Anne
Pat G.
Karen H.
Patty P.
Mary
Marilynn
Pam
Debbie
Nancy
Bonnie
Kathy
Brenda
Toni
Tangii
Sue
Kelli
Janine
Tammylee
Janis L.
Mark's Finest Papers a Heinrich Co.




I got this "clip" at Michael's...had a 50% off coupon, so I got it for $1.50!!!   I found some vellum "zebra" at my LSS and decided to make a note holder.  I took a 5x5 piece of cork and used red line tape to add the vellum which covers a piece of ivory cardstock.  Used the awesome tree and zebra from "Wild and Free" and was done in no time at all.

Here's one I did for the WT challenge on SCS last week:

 Just your basic card....the challenge was to use stitching - real or faux....mine is faux.  I used chalks to color the sky and make my waterhole.  I called it "The Waterhole".  Can't you imagine the animals starting to come for an early morning drink!

And here's the one I did for MFP's blog for this hop:

 I've seen some of the cards the other design team members have made and they just get better and better!  Wonderful set; love it.

Please join in on the FOSTV challenges every week.  You can find them at MFP Speedy TV

27 comments:

AJ Scrapbooking and Cards said...

Great Cards and I love the giant paper clip. I like the hint of blue on your second card. TFS AJ~

Lois said...

Your cards are very nice, Vicky -- but that note holder is just super! What a clever idea!!! That big clip is too cool.

Benzi said...

All super cards, Vicky. That big zebra clip is just the coolest. I especially like the 'watering hole' card. Yes, I can imagine all the animals gathering for a big drink of cool water. For some reason, I thinking two by two like the Ark. :-)

Theresa said...

Great projects.

maryr917 said...

3 awesome projects Vicky-love your note holder

Pam said...

What a neat note holder! Your second card is really fabulous with the faux stitching and it is just a beautiful scene. The third card is neat and I like your sponging.

Lagene said...

Fantastic cards & great Clip!

Pat Garvin said...

Great projects

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Wild about this stamp set. Wonderful creations. Like your waterhole. On my bucket list is to go on an African Safari. I used Be Wild & Free for the Simple Salutations Ch#3 Tree and used 2 inks to color it.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"

Ravengirl said...

Great projects today! I love your clothespin find and the note holder you created with it!

Janis said...

Perfect! Love the ribbon. :) Janis

Tangii said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE :)

Kathy Bradley said...

VIcky,
Wonderful cards and note holder. That note holder is awesome - and handy! Your cards, as always, are lovely!

Designing with Debbie said...

Love your cards and that clip is too cool. Great work.

Karen said...

Great cards Vicky. I love all the animal print you used.

Winnie and Patty said...

Vicky--your cards and not card holder are fabulous!!!! I really like the note card holder and giant paper clip! Great job! TFS

jimlynn said...

Love the note hold AND cards!
Lynn

Jo4Him said...

Great projects; love that note holder-very creative. Thanks for sharing

KC said...

1.50 for a clip...not bad! I love all your creations! such lovely work!

Karenladd said...

Your cards are just beautiful and that clip is so creative! Love all your projects!

Pat Jandacek said...

3 wonderful entries! and each so different. TFS

Teresa Sue Jones said...

I love the project for holding notes....very cute. And the card with the animal print ribbon is fantastic and I like the frames on the 3rd card. Thank you for letting us look at your great cards.

Lagene said...

Love your African scenes!

Tammylee said...

Really nice projects!

MariLynn said...

Great cards. I love the zebra message clip. Thanks for sharing.

kurtskd said...

That ribbon is perfect and I like that you did the stitching on the card.

Golda said...

Wow!