Thursday, July 19, 2012

CCEE1229


Lois says to use two borders this week.  Mission accomplished. My border punches are from EK Success (diamond shape) and Martha Stewart (plaid shape).

This is a new set released this month by Mark's Finest Papers called "Hot and Spicy".  I made this card for my friends' anniversary.  I added google eyes to the individual peppers and drew on a mouth to make a "couple".  All cardstock is also from Mark's Finest Papers.

Hope you'll join us this week.  Please add CCEE1229 to your Split Coast Stamper keywords and link back to the CCEE Stampers Blog.

Remember, renew your spirit and play!

13 comments:

AJ Scrapbooking and Cards said...

Oh Vicky this is so cute. I love the new stamp and the sentiment is prefect. And look at your peppers with eyes. Great Job & TFS AJ

StampOwl said...

Fun card Vicki

Benzi said...

Vicky, I LOVE what you did with this set. Super and fun with the googly eyes and cute smiles. That plaid border looks great (both do) and I need to locate mine. Good job coloring those peppers.

Lois said...

Love the faces on those chili peppers!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

what fun to add the eyes! love the red and punchhes.

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh how FUN!!~

MariLynn said...

I love how those two punches look together!

Teresa Sue Jones said...

I love this color combo on this card. The black background pops out the red and green in the card and accents of framing and ribbon. Thanks for the peek into your card.

Janine said...

Nice card and layout

renee said...

such a cute idea for a anniversary or couple card! thanks!

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Like the black edging on right hand side as well as the whimsy with the wiggly eyes. Your cards are HOT looking indeed. These make me think of Tex Mex food.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"

Sabrina said...

A plaid punch! Who knew? I guess I try to avoid falling in love with border punches because I know they'll add too much to international postage :-(, but that is so neat. And a cool - or should that be hot - card!

Joanne (jojot) said...

hot, hot, hot......fabulously bold and eye catching