Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Happiness


WOW, what a cool sketch challenge on SCS today! Rox always finds yet another incredible sketch to challenge us.
I chose a Thomas Kinkaide to stamp in speia and then tried to pull out just a tad of the colors in the Basic Grey Sultry designer paper. I stamped a trout, colored it and used it as an embellishment in the upper corner - looking as if the fish was on the hook!! Happiness - what a fisherman would feel were he in this scene is embossed in winter white ep.
I love how this turned out - hope you do too.
I had a long day as I left at 7:15 to drive 6 hours to pick up my mother-in-law and bring her to our home so we could all go to our granddaughter's wedding reception picnic on Saturday - 2 1/2 hours the other way!!! It's gonna be a very long weekend, but will be worth it just to be with family!
Happiness to all of you!

2 comments:

nancyruth said...

Vicky, I really like what you have done herer. The fish in the corner is a fabulous embellishment and to pull only a few colors was brilliant. And the three black brads are such a nice masculibne touch, they remind me of beady fish eyes!

Congratulations on the wedding on Saturday, much happiness to you and your family.

Ashley Bowen said...

Vicky, I really love this card! The image is BEAUTIFUL!!!! Excellent job! Your blog is totally Awesome Already! Hugs, Ash~
www.ashleyscreativecorner.com